Rieger Creek Lodge
The lodge at Rieger Creek had humble beginnings as an 8000 bushel granary that was built in 1944 by homesteader William Sawinsky Sr. to serve the Sawinsky farming operation. The granary was last used for grain storage in 1998 and the transformation from granary to pheasant hunting lodge began shortly after that.
Rieger Creek Lodge is full of history and tradition. Two of the old grain bins have been converted into bedrooms and the other two now form the living room and dining room of the lodge. The alleyway that had allowed trucks to move grain in and out of the granary is now a fully equipped kitchen and two full bathrooms. The history of the lodge can be seen on the walls as much of the original wood was utilized in the final remodel and notations regarding the harvest of various years can be seen handwritten on the walls by past generations of Sawinsky farmers.
While the lodge is rich in history it is also loaded with amenities. Granite counter tops grace the kitchen, a full size range, fridge, and propane grill enable guests to prepare a variety of food. Boot warmers and white noise machines help keep guests feeling comfortable. Guests can relax with a round of poker at the card table in the lodge loft or drive some golf balls from the upper deck driving range. Guests can keep up with sporting events and other news with the satellite TV and DVR in the living room. A laptop computer and wireless internet make it possible for hunters to stay connected while at Rieger Creek Lodge.
Rieger Creek Lodge Gallery